As of October 1st, 2020 the CRA is requiring all Canadian manual osteopaths to start charging HST. please see the new pricing on our services page.
We are getting back to work at the clinic very soon! We have all missed seeing your faces and hearing your news, we think of you often.
We have also received a lot of words of encouragement and support and we thank you all for your patience and loyalty, it means a lot to us!
We are having a staggered opening:
June 22 Paulette, Lisa Arthur and Shannon Kroetch will start.
Lisa Gallant (acu) will start July 2nd depending on availability of child care.
Laura is on hiatus until September.
These dates are solely based on each therapist’s preference and comfort with the current state of the pandemic and/or lack of child care. We respect our therapist’s right to decide.
PS. Nicole has had her beautiful baby and is on maternity leave!
Here is how the re opening will happen and a summary of the new protocol we are mandated to follow:
1. Who will be contacted first?
2. Screening protocol
3. Before you come
4. Walking through the door
5. During Treatment
6. After your treatment
7. Clinic Cleaning and PPE protocol
1. Who will be contacted first? Clients who have been cancelled over the last three months, to be fair, all bookings initially will be done via your therapists. Highest risk clients in that group will be asked first so they can be seen by their therapists before they are potentially exposed to a high number of people. Online booking will not be available immediately. Please be patient with us as we try to get everyone in, due to schedule changes this could take a bit of time.
If you have a more urgent need to see your therapist let us know and we will accommodate you as best as possible.
2. Screening protocol In the beginning your therapist will call you before your visit to ask screening questions. In future these questions will be asked at the time of booking and 2-3 days before you come for your treatment. You will also be asked screening questions and to sign a waiver at the beginning of every treatment. You can at any time go to the online 811 COVID screening tool page for current information as well https://811.novascotia.ca/ :
Screening questions for clients (and their companions if they come in):
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19 that you have not fully recovered from?
- Are you experiencing any of the following symptoms? *(Not related to a previously documented health concern)
- fever (i.e. chills, sweats)
- cough or worsening of a previous cough
- sore throat
- shortness of breath*
- muscle aches*
- nasal congestion/runny nose
- hoarse voice
- unusual fatigue
- loss of sense of smell or taste
- red, purple or blueish lesions on the feet, toes, or fingers without clear cause
- Have you traveled outside of Nova Scotia within the last 14 days?
- Have you had unprotected close contact with individuals who have a confirmed or presumptive diagnosis of COVID-19 (e.g. individuals exposed without appropriate PPE in use)?
If you answer yes to any of the above questions or if you become symptomatic at any point prior to your scheduled appointment, please postpone your treatment until you are well and symptom free. You will not be charged for cancelling in those cases. Again you should use the 811 on-line self-assessment if you are unwell.
Remember “Successful Infection = Exposure to Virus x Time.” We will be in a room together for 60mins!
3. Before you come please:
- use the bathroom at home before you come if possible to reduce the amount of disinfecting we need to do. (We understand that that is not possible for all of our clients).
- bring your own water or tea in a to-go mug for the time being.
- wear a mask to the clinic. If you don’t have a mask we will provide you with one when you enter, you will be required to wear it at all times in the clinic, even during treatment.
4. Walking through the door:
- We ask that clients remain in their cars or on the sidewalk in front of the clinic until their therapist calls them in, either by text or by a wave out the door.
- In the entrance use the hand sanitizer and put on the blue mask provided (if not already wearing one).
- You will be told which room you are in before your appointment. Please remove your shoes and put them in the bin provided and head straight to that room (with your shoes) when you enter the clinic.
- You should not meet another client in the clinic but if you do you must maintain a 6 foot distance.
- Your therapist will also be wearing a mask!
- Companions/parents accompanying clients must sign a COVID19 screening waiver before entering the main clinic areas and remain in the treatment room during treatment or wait in their car. The reception area will not be open for use due to lack of distancing possible.
5. During Treatment:
- You will be expected to wear your mask during assessment, treatment and reassessment/payment/discussion at the end of treatment. Your therapist will instruct you on what to do when face down.
- Your therapist will be wearing a mask the entire time as well.
- We cannot offer intra oral work for the jaw at this time.
6. After your treatment:
- Due to time constraints we may not be able to do direct billing/courtesy billing for veterans or Telus Health users going forward. Please come prepared to pay the full amount for the treatment. If this will be a hardship for you please let your therapist know.
- You will be given pay options in the treatment room, e-transfer from your mobile phone or with tap on the debit machine. Receipts will be emailed where possible. We will not be accepting cash or cheques.
- Your therapist can also re-book you while in the room or call you by phone. In the interests of keeping things moving quickly we will not be booking multiple future appointments while in the room.
- You will be advised when and how to leave the building so you are not crossing paths with other clients as much as possible.
6. Clinic Cleaning and PPE protocol
- All therapists will be wearing masks during treatments and in the clinic in general.
- Cleaning and disinfecting will be happening regularly throughout the day of every high touch surface in the clinic, with government approved disinfectants.
- Every time a client exits a treatment room all surfaces will be disinfected before the next client arrives.
- All linens will be washed in hot water and vinyl pillow protectors will be wiped down.
NPW reserves the right to decline treatment to anyone showing possible symptoms of COVID as stipulated by the Province of NS by law. We can not make a diagnosis, therefore, we are instructed to err on the side of caution.
Hello everyone, we have missed you!!!
We know you have heard the news that several industries will be allowed to open on June 5th including ours. That is almost correct, it is pending approval of the Back to Work Protocol our association has presented to Dr. Strang. At that time we will know for sure what date we will open.
In the meantime we have lots of work to do to get the Natural Path Wellness ready and we will start to call clients to book you in.
Clients who have been cancelled over the last three months will be contacted first, to be fair, so all bookings initially will be done via your therapists, they will contact you.
Online booking will not be available.
We will try to answer all emails and calls but there will be a lot in the beginning!
Please be patient with us as we try to get everyone in, due to some necessary scheduling changes this could take a bit of time.
If you have an urgent need to see your therapist let us know and we will try to accommodate you as best as possible.
More info will follow so stay tuned!
Follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Natural.Path.Wellness.Centre/ and Instagram natural.path.wellness.centre
Natural Path Wellness will continue to remain closed for the time being.
We will cancel clients on a week by week basis going in to the future and hope that we have all been doing enough in this difficult time to shorten the duration of social distancing so we can see you all sooner. We appreciate and look forward to your continued patronage in the future.
You all remain in our thoughts daily and we hope that you stay safe and healthy.
We are still monitoring our email so please send any questions or requests for help with home-care our way. We would love to hear from you!
All the best,
Your NPW team. ❤️
Dear clients of Natural Path Wellness,
Out of an abundance of caution and care for our clients and community we have made the difficult decision to close the clinic for a period of time in the wake of the COVID-19 outbreak.
We will close initially for a 2 week period (until the week of March the 30th), and then reassess the situation the weekend prior to the 30th to make any further decisions to maintain the closure. We will contact each client personally if we continue to stay closed. Please continue to book your appointments in the future by calling or emailing us, our answering service is still taking calls and we can still book clients remotely.
This decision was made as a group, by each of your caregivers here.
We truly feel that if we support our community in getting ahead of this pandemic now we can, as a community, save lives.
We do not make this decision lightly or out of panic, this decision is based on sound advice from our government and national and international health organizations warnings to take this pandemic seriously.
It is now very clear that many people will not know if they are infected until after they have potentially infected others.
The vast majority of those infected will experience only mild symptoms but a smaller, and no less important, sector of our communities will become gravely ill. The most important thing now is to protect the most vulnerable by “flattening the curve” and not adding to our already strapped medical system.
We thank you for the loyalty you have shown us and the kind and concerned words of support many of you have given us, this is an incredible time of hardship for some but also a wonderful time of solidarity and support. Please take that to heart and show your neighbors the same support and kindness!
In the meantime, look after yourselves and continue with your own self-care at home. Do your stretches, practice mindfulness and breathing. Find a free meditation or yoga class on line. Go for a walk outside in the fresh air!
Follow us on Facebook or Instagram where we will try to give frequent updates and also links to other self-care options.
In the words of Dr. Dan Suan, clinical immunologist and researcher in Australia,
“Social isolation is not an act of fear – it is an act of love”.
Yours in health,
Bronwen, Paulette, Lisa G., Mhairi, Shannon, Lisa A., Nicole and Laura
(copy of our social media post of March 12 with edits)
To all of our valued clients at NPW, we would like to address concerns you may have about the potential spread of COVID-19 in our communities. Although NS has not been impacted yet we strive to help keep it that way, especially in light of the high travel week, March Break, coming up.
NPW does have many immunocompromised and elderly clients and our therapists are in very close quarters usually for an hour at a time with each client, so protecting everyone and ourselves and families is a concern.
***All clients returning from travel outside of the country must move your appointments to a date outside the 14 day window that the Canadian government recommends, (see: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice.html ), you will not be charged a cancellation fee. Note that the NSHA has set up several testing centres in HRM to help avoid overwhelming the emergency rooms http://www.nshealth.ca/coronavirus.
As is usual, we ask that if you are unwell, even if it’s a normal flu or cold, please stay home and get well, you will not be charged a cancellation fee.
We have implemented new cleaning regiments in the clinic, including disinfecting high touch surfaces several times a day with a non-toxic, highly effective cleaner proven to kill corona type viruses as well as others, bacteria, mould and fungus. (We have been using this brand for many years).
We will continue to clean and disinfect all massage tables and face cradles to the highest standards and linens are washed on hot water settings.
We have removed all mugs and glasses for the time being and replaced them with compostable cups for tea and water.
We encourage everyone to use the hand sanitizer on the desk when you enter or wash your hands with soap and water in the bathroom.
We will continue to follow guidelines from the NS Health Authority, Gov. Canada and the WHO.
We are excited to announce our newest massage therapists, Laura Sutcliffe, Lisa Arthur and Shannon Kroetch. Click on their names or visit our therapist profile page. Each therapist brings new and exciting personal backgrounds and interests to their work and have already made wonderful additions to our team.
Please join us in welcoming them!
Very soon we are welcoming new massage therapists to our clinic beginning with Laura Sutcliffe RMT starting April 3!
As you may have noticed it can be difficult to get an appointment with one of our highly sought after massage therapists and we have been working hard to find excellent new people to bring on board.
This not only means an increase in those highly coveted evening appointments but also beginning in May a return to weekend availability!
Stay tuned to our website and Face Book page for more updates on these happenings.
It is Osteopathic Week April 16-22!
If you are looking for a way to explain osteopathy or just interested yourself, check out this new video from the Canadian Federation of Osteopaths then visit our osteopath Mhairi Fyfe!